Monday 18 May 2015

Mixed Media Just 4 You

Good morning to you all

As this posts, I will be getting ready for my first day at my new job eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!! 
I am sure I will be fine.

Today's creation is something I have wanted to play at for sometime, and I needed to make a present for my old boss for being so fabulous, we worked so well together over the two years, so I could not think of anything better to make for her.  

I have never done any mixed media canvasses before and have had my canvasses for probably the full two years I worked with her, that they needed a dust before I got started. 
 I found them when I had my clear out.

Okay so here it is, I hope you like it


I had great fun with my spritzers and my texture paste through my stencils.  I found this little heart in the Range and added a sentiment to it before adding lots of flowers, wooden things, metal things an old necklace, charms bling well actually anything I could find, some of them are from SSS.  I used my new glue gun to glue them all in place and once dry I coated everything in gesso, I love how it softened the pinks and greens from the original spraying.  I then used my distress ink re inkers and painted the flowers in several colours before adding some guilding wax in silver to all the alternative embellies to make them stand out.  I covered the whole lot with a layer of decoupage lacquer in matt and I am thrilled with it.

Here are some closeups








and here is the full thing again


Will be creating some more for my bedroom walls I think

As always thank you to all of my lovely visitors for your wonderful comments, and I will be hoping to see you later

I would like to enter this into the following challenges

Allsorts - No Squares Allowed
Suzy Bee's - Anything Goes with Pink
Simon Says Wednesday - Colour Swatch
Simon Monday - SSS Brands

Hugs
Kate
xx



23 comments:

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,love the fab design and colours.xxx

Carol said...

This is beautiful Kate, a wonderful gift. Carol x

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous
love it

Carole said...

Oh so pretty and great attention to detail. I love the colours you have chosen...scrummy. Hope the first day has gone down OK xx

Catherine said...

This is totally gorgeous Kate ! Love it love it love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

KarinsArtScrap said...

this looke very beautiful Kate

Gr Karin

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous colours and texture! Love all the flowers and the charms

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hope your first day has gone really well for you sweetie.

This is awesome and I know your boss must have loved it too. No one would have guessed you haven't used mix media's before but then we are talking about Kate who is so talented in anything she does!!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jane said...

Good luck in the new job Kate and welcome to the world of mixed media...it is SO addictive! You need to get journalling too, another very addictive crafty outlet.l Well done with your first piece xx

Whisper said...

Simply stunning and good luck with your new job too, Luv Sam x

Lynsey said...

Hi Kate what a beautiful piece of artwork and suc a lovely gift!
I hope your first day in your new job goes well!
Hugs Lynsey x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous!
Lorraine x

mags said...

This is just beautiful Kate.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

Evening Kate wow this is beautiful I love the flowers and your design and colours are wonderful.
Debs xx
{Debs Cards}

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Kate this is so pretty, lots of lovely texture and colours. Your embellishments are gorgeous, your boss will love it, wonderful keepsake, hugs Kate x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous Kate, so much detail to see
Kevin xx

Craftdee said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! So soft and delicate; very inspiring (from a fellow canvas hoarder, lol) I'm sure your EX (eek!) boss loved it :-)) Best of luck in your new job, Donna xx

coops said...

wow so stunning kate.really love your pretty flowers and beautiful textures and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Blossom Cards said...

lovely project and use of embellishments thanks for sharing with SBBC Rachel dt

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Danielle said...

Wow - this is stunning Kate! I'm sure she absolutely loved it. What a fabulous piece to hang on the wall. Hope your new job has gotten off to a great start!
Hugs, Danielle x

Carole Pollard said...

Amazing this is just fabulous she will be delighted to receive this its perfect love and hugs Carole x

Mervi said...

Fabulous card Kate,
lovely embellishments.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10