Friday 31 May 2013

Photo Inspirational With The Winter Wonderland Design Team

Good morning to you all in the land of blog

Today sees the next challenge by the Icicles, at the 

Winter Wonderland

Where I am hosting the challenge with the theme of

Photo Inspirational
using this image
but please remember you do need to tell us what inspired you

we are sponsored for this challenge by the fabulous
Who are generously offering the winner a £10 voucher

So here is my take on this great theme, but don't forget to hop over to the main challenge blog to see some more wonderful inspiration.  
Now you are probably thinking that this in no way could have been inspired by the photo.
However if you look closely at the photo, you will see in the left hand corner a snow man with a red scarf.  The sky is a deep blue and there is snow on the roof of the little oldie worldie shop :)

Now I wanted this image to shine for itself, so a WOW card was on the cards so to speak.  I also wanted to play with a new addition to my crafting stash.  I got an enormous embossing folder would say an 8 x 8 inch at least and just had to for once make an embossed panel that I did not need to play about with to get a full 14.5 cm square piece, I got it from the shop at the Hobby House, see  the link in the left hand sidebar.  I then reverted to my smaller embossing folders to create the layer for the white ribbon to wrap around.  I created a double bow and added some Cheery Lynn Xmas Sentiments.

Here is the Magnolia image coloured in copics with some Snow Tex, stickles and liquid appliqué 
As always I would like to welcome my new followers and thank my wonderful visitors and followers for their inspirational comments, which allows me to hop over and see their gorgeous work too.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon
Midweek Magnolia - Make it Sparkle
Hugs
xxxx

32 comments:

Sandra H said...

Awww Kate this is so beautiful the layout colour and image is stunning x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love your snowman he's brilliant, nice card Kate x

Nikki Craft said...

Yes! can see where you are coming from with the inspiration:) very clever!:) and a very sweet Christmas card! (did I just say Christmas.... maybe I should start mine, as I think I am going to be busy)...Now I really am off to do some DT work!
Hugs Nikki xx

KandA said...

Fabulous WOW card Kate. Love the super snowman and that fabulous bow xx

Debs said...

Adorable card Kate - love the WOW design - the image really pops.
Have a wonderful day
Debs xx

Teresa said...

Absolutely beautiful card Kate, perfect colouring too. xx

Catherine said...

Oh Kate I LOVE everything about your card ! The pastel colours of the image look stunning with the white ! Gorgeous bow as always ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. Such a cute snowman. I love the embossing and beautiful ribbon
I hope you have a good weekend
hugs Sue xx

Tammy said...

Fabulous creation! Sweet image and wonderful layout!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is delightful Kate. Lovely embossing and I would love to bring this cheery snowman in from the cold and give him a cuddle. Have a good weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

one of my favourite snowmen .. so pretty
Lisa x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous wow card Kate. The snowman is so sweet and I love the ribbon and pretty design.
Lorraine x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Fanatstic Christmas card Kate.
Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons
Hugs Kelly

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a gorgeous card Kate you know I love white on white.

greetings karin

sam21ski said...

Aww love the fab snowman

Sam xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card, your snowman is so cute, beautiful design, kate x

PaperDaisies said...

Kate, another stunner. I love your snowman. Just fabulous. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

Alex said...

Very nice card!
Can you please you on my blog ... and if you want please you can become a Member?

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Kate, I love your embossed and die cut details.
Pauline
x

Little K Smith said...

So gorgeous Kate, lovin the WOW look and the snowman is just adorable!
Have a lovely weekend :)
Kelly.x

debby4000 said...

Its a definite WOW card, I absolute love it.
luv
Debby

mags said...

A beautiful white on white card Kate. Such a cute image too.
Mags
x

Sonia said...

Fantastic winter card my friend^_^
I adore this sweet image,all so delicate^_^
Big big hug,
SOnia

coops said...

so stunning kate.beautiful white on white design and the image is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Whisper said...

Aaah simply stunning, Luv Sam x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I like the snowman image the frame and the embossing.
Kevin xx

Deborah said...

Fab card Kate. Just love the snowman and layout.

Deborah A

Marie Bingaman said...

Beautiful card! :)

La Vikinga said...

Hi Kate; did you start with Christmas cards already! This one is great and embossed is perfect for white!
Thanks for joining in our challenge at Crafty Ribbons and welcome
back Thursday for a new one!

DT at Crafty Ribbons La Vikinga / Charlotta

cheiron said...

What a sweet snowman! Thanks for playing along with us in the the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

ladyjanet_56 said...

Well done on your WOW card a little CAS too I'm impressed Kate, love the embossing too, I've got a £10 voucher maybe see if the old foot is up to driving sometime this week I can feel a little shopping trip coming on. Janet

Sally said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love that snowman. I have missed some great cards again from you this week. Love the decorated tin too....gorgeous.
Hugs Sally xxx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10