Friday 19 October 2012

Lighting the Way for the Winter Wonderland Challenge DT

Good morning to you all in the land of blog
Today sees the next challenge at the


with the theme this week being hosted by the very talented Linda, the theme is

Anything But a Card

We are sponsored this challenge by the fabulous
who are offering the winner a gift voucher of £10

So here is what I created for my design team inspirational piece but don't forget to hop on over to the main challenge site to see the rest of the design teams gorgeous creations.

Now I do have to warn you that this is photo heavy and you may need some refreshment before you start.
Settled?????
 right here we go
I made a lantern with acetate sides sounds quite simple doesn't it, it was honestly.  You see I recycled a box that I got a lovely Christmas gift in last year.  I took off all the bits and bobs, removed the original ribbon hanger, cleaned off all the labels from the acetate and cleaned the inside. All before I could then decorate it.

I added some gorgeous Xmas papers to the top and sides.  I stamped out several images and coloured, glittered these. I used my new Cheery Lynn Holly die scroll/flourish, some lovely cherry red tiny pearls and a white gel pen sakuro pen to create the snow effect on the acetate.  I cut a piece of ribbon knotted it and threaded it through the newly punched hole in the top.

So now you know how easy it was, have a look at the other images
This is the purple hue of the electric candle showing 
Pickles with Present and Milton with Poinsettia
both images by Wild Rose Studio

This is the red hue of the electric candle showing the same images

This is with the light on in the purple hue with Pickles and Tilly (Tilly is the new release image)

Close ups of images from Wild Rose Studio with links to them











As always, I would like to thank all my wonderful followers and visitors for their lovely inspiring comments, which allow me to hop over and visit you in return.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges

ABC Christmas - Anything Goes
Lady Anne's Challenges - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions - Anything but a card
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean - Anything Goes
Flourishes - Winter Inspired Projects
House of Gilli - Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes

Hugs

xx 

48 comments:

cotnob said...

Wow! What a fabulous project, such attention to detail, it's fantastic.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

Miria said...

Hi, hun. I can't stop being amazed by your fab creations! How creative is that! I love it and the changing hues are the cherry on the top! Hugs, Miria xxx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Kate
A gorgeous and beautiful project just love this have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a great project, love the images but the way your light shines through the little box is just sublime

jacqui x

Unknown said...

What a Magnificent idea. I love the light inside. This is just adorable. I love this sweet image.Please come back next week.
Hugs
Tammy Ortiz
Founder of
Tammy Scrapin Corner

KandA said...

Fabulous creation Kate. Just love what you've done to recycle that gift box, it makes a wonderful lantern xx

Caroline said...

WOW these are stunning love all the attention to detail. Caroline xxx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful creation Kate, what a fabulous idea. Love it.
Hugs
Caz x

Janette said...

Kate I think this is just stunning, so pretty and it will make a fab gift.xx

Doreen said...

Oh I just love this gorgeous creation.xxx

Misty's said...

Hi Kate
Oh WOW this creation brought me back to 2008. I got something like this with the character "Hello Kitty" on it for my Birthday from my sister. It had a light in it as well but did not change colours. When the light stopped working I put it away somewhere but probably thrown it away by now.
It also for some reason the shape reminds me of our toxic fish tank (LOL).
Love,love,love this which also reminds me to take my glass snowman out for Christmas which lights up in blue.
Now I am exhausted by all the pictures (LOL) but it was worth it, not by just looking at it but also having a trip down the memory lane.
Michaela and DP xx

Karen said...

Fantastic creation! I love the light inside... Very creative. If you haven't been to our blog hop stop on by. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

Karen

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Sensational project, I will have to have a play at this. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's. I hope we see you again.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx
cardsbyladyanne

Lisa Jane said...

Oh it's fabulous. I love it. And it's recycled. Couldn't be any better and so pretty when lit up x

Sue said...

WOW!!! This is so beautiful. I love the design and those gorgeous cute images.

hugs Sue

rachel said...

fabulous project kate - totally innovative - and gorgeous too! Hugs xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning creation did you made Kate.
it looks fantastic, beautiful done.

greetings karin

crafty-stamper said...

A briiliant project love all the details and images thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
carol DT

Tammy said...

Absolutely stunning and fabulous! You are one clever crafter!

Joey said...

WOWZER Kate hunny this looks so amazing, and would be such a pretty touch in any home, I absolutely LOVE it. Joey x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Kate. Lovely all the way round and fantastic photography.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

sam21ski said...

Wow Kate, fab projects

Sam xxx

Pia S said...

You've received a lot of WOW's for this one - and here's another - WOW! WOW says it all! Love it!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow Kate, this is stunning. Love the cute images and love all the photos showing all the different colours. xx

PaperDaisies said...

Hi Kate
Wow wow wow
This is just fabulous. Love everything about it.
Hugs Nina

Karen Petitt said...

wow Kate - this is stunning! it would make such a beautiful gift for me lol! gorgeous! Karen x

Sandra H said...

Oh my goodness Kate ......totally stunning x

Sharon said...

To cute for words, I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Lady Anne's.

Shannon83k said...

WOW!!! This is just gorgeous!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. DT Member Shannon83k

Whisper said...

Wow what a fabulously different and gorgeous project, Luv Sam x

Sonia said...

Oh my dearest Kate what a fantastic lantern you have created^_^
Fabulous images,wowwwwww amazing project my friend^_^
Happy weekend,
Sonia

Lorraine said...

Stunning work Kate. What a brilliant way to recycle a box! I love all the cute images, and the effect of the electric candle.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

What a fantastic project Kate - and a brilliant way of recyvling. Gorgeous the way the light shines through the characters.

Hugs.

Karen x

Sandi said...

This is super cute!
Thanks for playing with us this week at Through The Craft Room Door(TTCRD)
Huggs
Sandi

Lynsey said...

Wow fab creation Kate! I'm going to be looking at packing in a new light from now on to see if I can do something like this! Great idea!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sue said...

Woman, do you sleep? This is just fantastic. Love all the love and work you put into your recycled box. Images are adorable. The lantern inside looks great lit up.
Very clever project, love it.

Hugs
Sue

Unknown said...

OMG Kate, how cute is that?! Love that lantern, it looks amazing! Hugs Frea

coops said...

oh wow so stunning kate.really love the design and gorgeous sweet images :D

xx coops xx

Roma said...

Fab design Kate excellent idea with the light x

Amanda said...

What a beautiful Christmas project!! How creative and gorgeous!! I love how it glows and changes colors!! :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday "Winter" Challenge!!

~ Amanda :)

Nate said...

Good morning Kate,
wow, what a wonderful lantern and what a great idea!!! I just love the candle inside that changes the light. It makes this sweet lantern extra special.
Thank you so much for your kind words according my christmas box. :-) It took quite a while and I really love it. It's for the christmas gift for my godchild. She'll get a claddagh ring from us for christmas and I hope she'll love the box, too.
Have an amazing day.
Love,
Renate

Babette said...

What a amazing job, just gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Babette

sassyb07 said...

great project, thanks for sharing at Lady Anne's

Kerry said...

Stunning, simply stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at Inky IMpressions.
Kerry

America said...

AWESOME project, AMAZING design, amazed by your INCREDIBLE TALENTS GF!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous lantern you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Helen said...

This is fabulous Kate - would make a lovely gift!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Carissa said...

Such a wonderful creation and so creative too, really beautiful.
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
Carissa :)

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10