Sunday 26 August 2012

Quilted Xmas Wishes

Good afternoon to you all in the land of blog
Hope you are all enjoying your long weekend, I know I am.  Here is a little something that I have been working on for a couple of days, but was intrigued after seeing some wonderful creations, so just had to have a go.
I made a quilted Xmas Card.  After several thoughts, I eventually reverted to digital imagery.  I used some gorgeous papers from Bearly Mine.  I searched the web for quilting templates, I saved the image and opened this image and two different papers in my CS 4 Photoshop.  I layered the template over both papers, and then cut out the purple and glued on top of the pale blue to create this quilted effect.  I added a strip of snowflake punches and some beautiful embellishments, that I ordered from Crafty Ribbons wow they deliver quick don't they.
The image of course the amazing Kenny K and the sentiment is Wild Rose Studio.  The memory box snowflake as the background for the sentiment.

A short post from me today, but thank you for all the wonderful comments on my cover girl exposure.

here are the challenges I would like to enter this creation into
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
My Time To Craft - Xmas in August
Eureka - Anything Goes
Lollipop - Anything Goes
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Paper Crafting - Anything Goes
ABC Christmas - Q for Quilting
Card Makin Mama's - Try something new
Kenny K's Krafty Krew - Anything Goes
well think that is me, off to move the exercise machine ready to start my diet :)
Hugs
xx




29 comments:

sam21ski said...

Fab background

Sam xxx

Sonia said...

Wowww:)Just lovely card with a glamour image:)
Beautiful coloring and fab papers and details:)
Kisses my creative friend,
Sonia

Sue said...

WOW!! This is fabulous Kate. I love the image and your quilted background looks wonderful - thank you for explaining how you created it.

Hugs Sue

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Kate,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Kristie Maynard said...

Wonderful job on your card! So glad you could join the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week!

Annette said...

Very sassy image. Love the quilted backgrounds.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge.
xx

Pia S said...

The quilted background looks fabulous! Great choice of image too!

KarinsArtScrap said...

sexy and gorgeous christmas card Kate.

greetings karin

Sandra H said...

This is so effective Kate and your image is gorgeous too! x

Christine said...

Hi Kate wow this is gorgeous how clever gorgeous image colouring great colour combo love it

smiles Christine x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Carol Willis said...

Oh Kate this is gorgeous. Love the beautifully coloured image.

Hugs
caz x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I like the image, the colours the patch work papers and the snowflake
Kevin xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love the Kenny K image and your quilting looks fab.

10,9,8,7,6,5,4......! Which means only 3 til my birthday!! lol
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

This is fab,love the quilted background you have created,what a glamorous image,you have coloured her beautifully.;)Jacqueline S:)

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fab Kate. Very ingenious. Love it.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for the directions to make the quilted card background.
Love the use of the silver on the scalloped die and the snowflake.

Natali said...

So sweet ))
I think my hubby can belive in Santa again if he will come with this sexy Santarina )))
Gorgeous pastels colours and snow flake.
Hugs
Natali

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Kate :-) the image is lovely and I love how you did the quilted paper ,,, clever girl :-) Even though you explained I could just feel my brain glazing over ,,, means nothing to me all this comp clever stuff ,,, lol :-)

Love the colours and embellies too ,, very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Xmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

mags said...

A beautiful card Kate. Love the image and the fab background.
Mags
x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, fab colours & the quilted paper looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Helen said...

Fabulous card Kate - love how you've done the quilted background!
Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

ladyjanet_56 said...

Beautiful card Kate & there you go inspiring ppl to try something new too, love the throngs & you did a great job on your backing paper. Janet

xxxtglxxx said...

Fab, frosty and gorgeous Kate! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Beautiful work!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Kenny K’s Krafty Krew *Anything Goes* challenge and good luck!

Tammy, KKKK DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

tiggertastic said...

wow wee this is so so pretty



Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

Designing for:

Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Barbara said...

Well, the focus is definitely not on the quilting ;-) What a fancy image and so beautifully colored and arranged!

Dorte said...

Hi Kate,
such a beauti you have used for your card, lovely colouring, and fab backing paper.
Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our Q for Quilting Challenge. Hope to se you tomorrow for a new challenge.
Dorte,xx

Anonymous said...

Fabby card Kate LOVE the way you have faux stitched to create your quilting! Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10