Friday 24 June 2011

Winter Wonderland and Pretty In Pink with Kenny K's Xmas Girls

Good morning to you all in the land of blog
Today Team Marianne are in the hot seat at the


and the very talented Denise has set the theme of

Pretty In Pink

As you know I just have to maintain my one Xmas card each week so here is what I came up with as a little inspiration to those of you who have maybe not yet started on your Christmas card collections.
wow did I enjoy this theme, I have used black as the contrasting colour and some gorgeous papers available from the Secret Crafter.  The image is easily recognisable one of the hot girls from Kenny K's fabulous collection.  I matched the inside of the card to the front of it.
I used one of my new round the page MS punches to create a base frame for the image and added swirls of spun sugar distress ink to the frame. Adding some gorgeous baby pink pearls to the top and bottom of the image plate and this gorgeous Wild Orchid flower, with some embossed holly leaves to finish and a little Xmas glitter.  The sentiment is from My Sentiment Exactly.
The image has been coloured in with copics and I have used liquid appliqué to give the fluffy bits that extra depth.  As it was wet I added some glitter so it sparkles too.

Don't forget to pop over and see the design team inspirational pieces.

Don't forget I have Candy here 

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenge
Creative Craft World - C5 Christmas in June

I would like to say hello to my new followers and thank you to my wonderful visitors for all the inspirational comments you leave, love and appreciate each and every one of them.

Enjoy the rest of your day, I know I will
Hugs
Kate
xxx


13 comments:

Linda said...

Wow I love this card Kate your colouring is just fabulous and I do love that liquid applique it adds great dimension love Linda

Mandy said...

Kate your card is absolutely gorgeous hun, I love the colour combo you've used and the image is a cutie :)
hugs Mandy xx

chrissy xx said...

Just Fabulous! LOve your colours. LOve your new punch too!!!
Chrissyxx

Natali said...

Hi Kate! This is fantastic card!!! Idea with "fluffy bits" absolutely amazing!! And with this girl it is look just right!! Love this card soooo much!!!
Hugs. Natali. (Sorry my English)

Unknown said...

Oh I love this card and I love tha stamp that you used.
Francy

Tammy said...

Fabulous!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like the way you have coloured the image, the frame and the snow.
Kevin xx

sam21ski said...

Hehehehehe!!! Love the snow albeit about 6 months too early - lol.

Hope Star is okay now. Hugs from me and Fraz.

Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

coops said...

fabulous card kate.the image is stunning and i love your pretty pink colours and scrummy flower :D

xx coops xx

Sally said...

Great card love your colouring.
Hugs Sally xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

Lovely card is it for mike for xmas it's rather sexy liquid appliqué really gives it diamtion love the colours. Janet

Choccy said...

Absolutely adorable !
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World, for our Christmas in June challenge.
Choccy x

susibee said...

Fab card. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World challenge.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10