Friday 1 April 2011

Vintage Easter Decoration

Good evening to you all
This evening brings you the next challenge at


The theme 


A Vintage Easter Decoration for your Easter Tree

A new month also means a new sponsor and our sponsor this month is 

and the prize

Inkido were very kind to provide the ladies of the Design Team with some of there gorgeous items.  You will see us all using them throughout the month of April.

Now I don't actually and never have made an Easter Tree, when the children were young, I use to hide the Easter Eggs (chocolate ones) around the house, and then use talc powder (Johnson's Baby of course) and a cotton wool ball, to create the Easter Bunny foot prints that lead from their beds to each of the chocolate locations.  I know other ideas locally are to hide eggs in the garden for the children to find, although in my garden think the mice might find it too enticing and they would be all gone in the morning.  So I decided to make an Easter Basket and fill it with those lovely little chocolate sugar coated eggs (by the way they are not there now, I sort of ate them)

Anyway enough of my waffling and here is my design team creation for the theme
This little basket is based around a circle box I had but the lid was a little damaged.  I rolled the paper around the box and then cut little slits all the way around the top and bottom to make a nice fold in at the top and bottom.  I then added a circle of the same paper to the bottom to hide the mess.  I used my new MS punch from Grimsby Crafts to edge either side of the handle and glued this in place.  I added some lovely lace around the top of the basket again this can be obtained from Grimsby Crafts.  The little roses are from a local department store and on this occasion I have painted them with some glitter water paint in a lovely pale pink, just in a few places, not all over.  I then punched out with my Woodware butterfly punch three butterflies, I painted these with Tim Holtz crackle paint and left them to dry before bending them to shape and adding some liquid pearls to the body.  I place three single roses at the sides of the handle and one on the top of the handle and placed a little butterfly at the side of each.

Here is the little butterfly, I also added a little of the glitter paint to them.

If you would like to join in the challenge don't forget to pop over and see the other fabulous creation by my other team members.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges
Colour Create - Pastels and Optional Easter
Craft Us Crazy - Easter/Spring
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything but Square
Pals Paper Arts - Punches
Pixie Dust Studio - Fluttering Wings
Shelly's Images - Getting Punchy
Sweet Stamps - Easter

I would like to welcome my new followers and say thank you to those lovely visitors who take the time to leave me such inspirational and wonderful comments

Enjoy your weekend
Hugs Kate
xxx

19 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Kate, this is just so pretty! I wish the Easter Bunny would leave one for me! Thanks so much for sharing this project with us this week at Shelly's Images for our "Get Punchy" Challenge.

Paper Paradise said...

Love this Kate, it's all 'pink n pretty'.....Love the Inkido stuff, can you get it in the UK? Sue x

Elena Litvinova said...

great job! very nice and thanks for the inspiration. good luck!

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh such a sweet basket! Truly beautiful with all your punches and butterflys. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stamps Easter challenge.

Choccy said...

A beautiful creation.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our Easter Challenge.
Choccy x

angelwhispers said...

Love it Kate and love the colours!!

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Kate, this is gorgeous, beautiful creation, I'd have eaten the eggs too, hugs Liz xx

Anne said...

cute as a button Kate, very pretty
Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles this week
Anne x

dmbennett said...

Beautiful Basket. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps and Good Luck.

Dawn B

shulsart said...

Wow, very lovely. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps blog.

Janiel/ janny said...

stunning basket!!! The details are fab!!
hugs, Janiel
CCCB

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a beautiful basket. I especially like the roses and butterflies you added. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Anonymous said...

WAUW...sometimes I just don´t know what to say....you just toke my breath away.
Thank you so much for joining us at Karens Doodles challenge blog this week.
Good luck.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Anna-Lotta said...

sooo cute :)

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful basket! Love the added butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!!

Kendra

Min said...

Wow, this is just breath-taking!
Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Shelly's Images "Gettin' Punchy" Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again soon!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Toni said...

Kate... just love your basket... so glad you showed a close up of the butterfly, it is beautiful !!!

MiniOwner said...

Now that IS GORGEOUS! Thank you for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

Miria said...

Hi, hun. Sorry i missed out this beauty! A very inspiring, adorable basket! I think i'll give a go to the challenge, hugs, Miria
p.s. Yes, I have to confess, I'm a Tildaddict! xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10