Sunday 27 February 2011

X Factor Contestant.................wanna be

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
I hope you have all had a fabulous weekend, in what ever you chose to do.  I still have one more day of my holiday days from work so I am having an extended weekend, so will get some ironing done tomorrow and hopefully finish my on going current large project.

Today I am thrilled to say........... thank you to Lynn at Grimsby Crafts.  For giving me the opportunity to run my first ever card class.  I got some lovely texts this morning wishing me luck, thank you ladies really appreciated you keeping me in your thoughts.  As you can imagine this morning I felt quite sick and as I drove to the shop, thought that I might need a bucket, however after the first 10 minutes, I quickly got into my stride and the nerves ran away.  

I was very lucky to have a full class of very lovely and talented ladies, who were very kind to me, and even though the did not know it was my first class they were gentle on me, one at the end even said she though I was a seasoned pro, so with that said and Lynn's confirmation the class was a great success and I already have names on my next class.

We concentrated on colouring techniques with copics and pro markers as well as building the card, I hope I did not scare any of them away.................... as there was a lot of information to take in, but with luck I will see them all again for the next class.

I am gutted that I forgot to take a photo (my memory of the first class), but don't think I will ever forget it, it was so very very special :)

Today we created a card for a little man with an image where the light source was visible to aid learning the shading.  We also looked at blending and colour matching.  

Here is the card we worked towards
The full contents of this card, base contrast card, papers pearls, inks and the Kanban image are available to purchase at Grimsby Crafts.  The full copic ciao including the new colours should be available at Grimsby Crafts at the beginning of next week (oh I cannot wait...............)

I am entering this card into the following challenges
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - A Teddy Bears Picnic
Easy Craft Projects - One for the Boys
Send A Smile 4 Kids - Birthday Boy
Fairy Knoll - Green
The Fuzzy Wuzzy - Animal Birthday Wishes

I would also like to say thank you to all my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave such inspirational comments, they always warm my heart and put a smile on my face

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend
Hugs Kate xx

14 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fantastic card Kate and congrats on your first of many classes

Hugs Jane x

Curly said...

Wow on the card Kate congrats on the class,
I am so glad that nerves didn't get the better of you,
And awesome colouring by the way, a real knock out, it definitely has the card factor,

Have fun on your extended weekend,
Hugs Bridget :) x

Linda said...

what a cute card
hugs linda

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. I'm so happy you had such a success, totally well deserved. Enjoy your extended weekend, Miria xx

Danielle said...

Kate, I'm so glad to hear your first class was such a huge success ... it could be nothing but with you at the helm! And such a sweet teddy card to boot! Enjoy your long weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

ARTfulWings said...

Hi Kate - so glad you enjoyed your class - heres to many more at Grimsby Crafts - take care and see you soon

Polly x

WendyP said...

what a great card - thanks so much for entering our challenge at SendASmile4Kids challenge blog
smiles Wendy

McCrafty's Cards said...

Congratulations on your first class, the first of many.gorgeous card, I like that image.
Kevin xx

Sharon said...

Love your card Kate - cute little bear singing image! Love the sentiment you have used! Thanks for joining us at the Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog.

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww gorgeous card, brill colour work as always, bet they luvd ya class, glad it all went well hun, sue,x

Cheryl said...

This is super cute! I love the image and your sentiment!

Dori Shelton said...

Simply sweet! So adorable.

ladyjanet_56 said...

Oh Kate well done on your class I didn't know you was doing one when the next one I'll try to get there? are you going to Sue's a week sunday?. Sounds to me like you belong at GC even Lynn is talking about doing another, I'm not wishing you good luck because you don't sound like you need it but knock em dead. Janet

Tammy said...

Wonderful card. I love the pearls at the bottom.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10