Saturday 12 February 2011

Stamped Flowers for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge Design Team

Hi lovely people in the land of blog
Just have to say what amazing entries and phenomenal numbers in last weeks challenge, loved hopping about to see them, such a treat :)

This week the theme chosen by our very special owner of the Secret Crafter at the


A Stamped Flower

I was a very lucky lady as in November when I went to the open day at the Secret Crafter and met Wendy, Jane, Tracy and all the other ladies.  Wendy showed me this stunning digi image, isn't it gorgeous.  Wendy was kind enough to send it to me, and although it took me a while to put this into a creation, it was well worth the wait. This digi will be available soon in the Secret Crafter shop.

But before I show you my design team inspirational piece this week I need to pause and say congratulations!!!!! to

the successful applicants to the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge Design Team Call, hello ladies and look forward to working with you all.

So here is my design piece
This is one of those preformed tissue boxes.  It took a while to print out the images to the right size for this piece. I initially applied several coats of gesso and on top of this a couple of a cream acrylic paint.  I followed this by adding a layer of brown paper and then on top of this some lovely mint green papers.  The papers were double sided so I used the patterned side for the flowers on the top.  I distressed the image plates and then although you cannot see it very well used a clear glitter sakuro pen to highlight sections of the flower.  I distressed the edges of the papers and then over stamped with a swirl on the top and top sides. The distress ink is Tim Holtz vintage photo available here at the Secret Crafter Shop The top has punched flowers all around with large pearl brads in the centre and punched leaves.  The lace has been placed and glued around the oval tissue release hole.  


A lovely gift for someone special.

Welcome to my new followers and as always thank you so much to all my lovely visitors who take the time to leave me such wonderful comments.

Hugs Kate
xx

8 comments:

TracieB xx said...

WOW. Luurrrrvvvvee it. Forgot all about this flower lol. I think it's a stunning gift for someone and would never have thought about doing this to a tissue box

Txxx

Curly said...

Wow kate this is a brilliant idea, and you have decorated this box so elegantly, and i love the soft colours,


Have a great weekend,
take care ,
Hugs Bridget :) x

sam21ski said...

Great use of your new digi image Kate, the tissue box looks fab and as you say will make a fabulous gift xxxx

CraftyC said...

Wow Kate, this is just gorgeous and so beautifully embellished, love it!
Clairexx

Danielle said...

This is stunning Kate! I just love the gorgeous flower design and the beautiful top with all that lace - really beautiful work!
Hugs, Danielle

ARTfulWings said...

Wow this is just one gorgeous tissue box Kate - love it!

Helen said...

This is beauriful Kate - would make a fabulous gift!
Helen x

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love those flowers and the lace! Very creative. :o)

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10