Wednesday 16 February 2011

Hop on Your Bike ...................................................

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
I just had to show you this gorgeous little fellow, as soon as I spotted him I knew I would enjoy creating a fabulous Easter card with it.  This image is from a selection of new images at Grimsby Crafts, the range is from Nellie Snellen and is called Hoppies, this little fellow is "Biking".  This creation has been produced for display at Grimsby Crafts.

Now starting last Sunday I saw a new fabulous easel card, a tilted version, and lots of people are seeing it and just having to have a go at it, and me, well I am no different to everyone else, so decided to give it a go also.

So here is my first tilted easel card, and I am sure it will not be my last, I have photographed this from two angles so you can see that the inside of the easel has also been adorned.

The deep yellow contrast layer is from the Core Essentials Collection and the top designer papers in the strip and the spots is from Craft Creations, both available at Grimsby Crafts and so bright and sunny, it was a pleasure to work with them.  The pearls are Kanban and from Grimsby Crafts also. The lace was a freebie sent with my Wild Orchid flower order, the flowers are from Wild Orchid, Hobby Craft and a local department store.

Here is a close up of the fabulous image
I stamped two of the images, and then cut one out and placed it over the top of the image on the image plate. I then used my Tim Holtz distress ink pads and a couple of sponges, along with some torn paper to create the sky and ground.  He is coloured in copics with a white gel highlighter.  Isn't he fabulous and a great Easter image.

I am also going to quickly add this image
this is an image coloured by my son Mike, for his valentines card for her.  I very tentatively let him use my copics and then watched him without blinking.  I showed him how to colour and then he rolled with it.  I think he did a great job don't you?

So I am entering my tilted easel into the following challenges
Copic Creations - Use Warm Colours
Creative Cottage - Fabulous Florals
Forgotten Scraps - Spring or Flowers
Stampin Royalty - Use Markers
Bunny Zoe Crafts - Spring Flowers Everywhere

I would like to welcome my new followers and thank those of my visitors who take the time to leave such wonderful comments, they make me smile after a hard days work :)

Enjoy the rest of your week
Hugs 
Kate
xxx


22 comments:

lindyloo said...

hello there oh what a beautiful card the image is so cute and coloured so well and the flowers sre just stunning thank you for joining us at the creative cottage and good luck hugs linda x

Anonymous said...

OMG Kate!! Mike has your talent when it comes to the coloring!! What a fab. job he did!!! Keep up the awesome work Mike!!

I love that image that you used and your card is beyond beautiful. You simply amaze me each and every project.

Hugs,
Beth

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww this is totally gorgeous, super cute image, luv the sky, beautiful papers & embelies, lovely design, sue,x

Jane Wetzel said...

this is incredibly adorable...I just got some yellow roses for Valentines day..I love them! Your card is colored perfect! Glad u joined us at copic creations!

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Kate, looks great as a slanted easel! I must try one of these!
Hugs Lynsey x

Paper Paradise said...

Wow, a 'slanted easel' brilliant!!!! I am very VERY impressed with your son'e colouring, must be following in your footsteps! x

ARTfulWings said...

Looks like Mike has inherited your knack of colouring!!!! Fantastic card Kate - image is coloured in superbly - see you soon Polly xxx

Unknown said...

Love your easel card, Such a cute stamp, and love the colors, beautiful!

Marlene said...

This is positively gorgeous! I love the yellows...and this card has so much gorgeous detail. Nicely done!

Kirei na Kami said...

Your card is gorgeous and oh so sweet!!! I love the soft yellows, all the beautiful lace and your flawless coloring! I see your son is quickly following in his mother's footsteps:o) His image is colored fabulously!! Thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog...it truly made my day brighter:o)

Davi said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the sweet image and your soft colors ! This is really captivating!!

Tammy said...

Just wonderful Kate. I especially love the background you created on the first one.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a cute card and aren't these easels so much fun to make. Love the soft sprintime colours and the cute image. Those bears are beautifully coloured. Marianne x

Hands On said...

Absolutely darling. Love that image and you embellies are wonderful too. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Sue B said...

Ooh gorgeous card! I love the yellow and the lace and bunny is SO adorable!

Your son has coloured that image really well! He should get his own blog!

Hugs Sue xx

sam21ski said...

Another great card Kate xxxx

Linda said...

Hi Kate what a brilliant job your son Mike has done obviously gets his talent from his mum. That easter bunny card is beautiful I love the colours on it and your distressed clouds in the background are so effective love Linda

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautiful spring card - I love the lemon colour scheme and the pretty lace and pearls x
Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Berry said...

What stunning work fab colours! Thanks for joining our floral challenge at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah xx
PS I have blog candy at http://berryliciousblog.blogspot.com if you are interested!

CAROL said...

Beautiful card, makes me feel like spring is nearly here xx

Meilani Z. Smith said...

That is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Just dropping by to check out your great card! Thanks for playing along in the "Spring or Flowers" challenge at Forgotten Scraps. ;D

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10