Saturday 19 February 2011

Here Comes The Boozy Bride............................................

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
This morning saw a very slow start to the crafting production with the rain and damp filling the air, I was yet again unable to continue with a now very slow moving project.  However, with large umbrella to hand I made my way to the hairdressers for my monthly make over.

Feeling a new woman, I decided to start on my next piece but after reading my blog posts and the reminder from Let's Get Shabby, I decided that the ideas in my head needed to move rather quickly, as I had not realised it is today that it comes to an end for their Wedding Challenge :(

I have had ideas for this creation in my head since my good friend told me she was getting married in May this year.  However isn't it funny that when you dream about the ideas sometimes when you try to put them together they just don't seem to look how you imagined them too.

Thank heavens for the husband, who waves his magic wand and gives me the technical prowess, to put my ideas into reality.

Here is my creation for one of the Wedding Gifts for her, there are many more to follow and as always what better a place than to show them off than at Let's Get Shabby's Challenge.  I adore there challenges but very rarely seem to be in the right place at the right time with my creations.  So pleased on this occasion we meet in the middle, thank you ladies.

Here is the front of my bottle wedding dress and veil with bouquet
The wine on this creation is white.  All the colours used match the actual wedding dress and flowers.  The real wedding dress is diamond white, the diamond white papers here are from the Hobby House.  The pleated dress, the bottom of the dress has the MS heart punch, the top is technically wired expertly by my dear husband Matt.  On top of this is the lotus pendant spellbinders shapeabilities die, which has been scored and concertinaed to give it depth and three of them have been used to overlay the pleated dress.  On top of this some gorgeous lace from a local department store.  On top of this some satin ribbon from the local department store.  All of these are carefully built onto a die cut from a Go Kreate  Half XXL Frame Frilly #4 from the Hobby House.  This has been punched down the back and then laced up with a very thin diamond white ribbon.  The large diamond white satin ribbon is also tied in a large bow dropping to the same length as the dress.

The bouquet is a selection of burgundy flowers from Hobby Craft and Wild Orchid and the local department store for the pearl bits.  The veil is made from tulle from the local department store (material department) with it being slightly thicker it cut really nicely using the grand callibur and the grand circles largest circle.  The out cuts from the heart MS punch were added as confetti on the veil.  The roses around the veil are from the local department store as is the marabou feathers.  On the reverse some more technical expertise where the train was threaded with wire and wrapped around the bottle cap.

Fit for a Royal Wedding don't you think?

Here are some more images
Here you can see the laced ribbon at the back and the big satin ribbon and bow through the train
This is the veil - if you look closely you can see how the train has been held on, those gorgeous roses too
The bouquet even has the hand holding bit on it, like the real thing and it is slotted through the central hole of the beautiful lace.  If you look closely on the image above you can just see the metal wire holding the pleated dress in place, isn't my hubby wonderful :)

Well after a good 5 hours of creating to get this ready for posting, I am now off for a glass of wine lol xx

enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs
Kate 
xxx


17 comments:

Miria said...

What a gorgeous idea, Kate, very creative! have a nice Sunday, Miria xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Very pretty Kate and just looking at all the work in this project has made me thirsty!! Enjoy your wine. x

Mandy said...

Oooooooerrrrr hunny this is one stunning creation, so beautiful and so unique.
Well done to Matt too, that man did a fab engineering job
hugs Mandy xx

Tammy said...

Oh WOW, absolutely gorgeous and so very clever. Just fabulous!

Pastila said...

What's great and unique idea!
Thank you for joining us at shabby!

Sally said...

Hi Kate
This is absolutely stunning. So creative and what a fantastic idea. LOve it.
Hugs Sally xxx

jeanie g said...

Hi Kate just found your post on the Wedding Challenge. I love your take on the wedding theme. So different and well done. jeanie g xx

Julie said...

What a great idea Kate. Just love it. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow this is totally stunning, luv all the embelies, fabulous wedding bottle, sue,x

yumiko said...

Hi,Kate!!!
It's amazing!!!!This is so beautiful!!!I love your creation!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

mandysea said...

So unique and well crafted!! Each pic had me thinking...goodness more gorgeous detail!!
Thanks for playing along with Shabby!!

Paper Paradise said...

OH KATE!!!!!!!!! This is one of your projects that has my little heart beating with absolute delight!!!!!!! BEEEEP fantastic. So pretty, so feminine, so different and so apt for the challenge......beautiful...... Sue x

The Crafty Den said...

Oh my goodness Kate your project is amazing. I would never have the patience to make something like that. The punch work and details are gorgeous. Hugs, Denise x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Kate, this is absolutely brilliant, there is just so much detail. what a fabulous Idea, your friend is going to love it.
Kevin xx

ARTfulWings said...

Gosh so much work and detail in this gorgeous creation Kate - Congratulations on getting an Honorable Mention - well deserved!!! Polly x

Danielle said...

WOW! Kate, this is stunning! What a wonderful and unique way to dress up a bottle of wine - I love it! And so very beautifully done!
Hugs, Danielle
ps. Thank goodness for great husbands!! x

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is fantastic! It will make an awesome gift!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10