Friday 25 February 2011

Dreamy Love.............................................

Good afternoon to you all in the land of blog
I know this is my third post for today, but I am having a few holiday crafting days and really really really enjoying myself.  Started this one this morning after I finally managed to spray the lacquer on my on going creation.  Yes that would mean that at 10am this morning it was dry, sunny and 13 degrees, oh I feel that the Spring is definitely on its way.

This creation came from the inspirational sketch at Our Vintage Affair, here it is

Isn't this sketch just great, perfect for cards and scrap book layout's alike.  I really enjoyed using it.  If you have not been over to Our Vintage Affair please do, they really inspire you to thing a little more out of the box and it is a great place to see unusual creations.

Oh sorry, keeping you in suspense as to what I created with it.  I made a card, but have to say that the total inspiration behind the card itself was from the image, this image from DezinaWorld, a little while this was a freebie however please do pop over and see what gorgeous bits are available now as she has some delish bits.

So here is my creation
The papers are from Grimsby Crafts, the base layer a really popping bright pink card to contrast the softer tones of the Making Memories Je t'adore papers.  The grand circle nestie has been used again and the image increased to fit the layout required.  Marianne Creatables used for the swirls, although I did punch out every nestie one I had too, to find the best ones, but these are so much more delicate, don't you think?  The sentiment is MSE and the flowers are from Wild Orchid and stash.  The little pale pink pearls from the Hobby House.  I distressed all the edges and then inked them up with Tim Holtz's Tattered Rose.

I am entering this creation into the following challenges
CEE Stampers - distress your papers
Crafty Purple Frog - Magical (I think this image is magical and isn't love??)
Do You Stack Up - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge - Brads, Gems or Dewdrops
Truly Scrumptious - Pearls and Swirls

I would like to say thank  you to all my wonderful visitors who take the time to leave me such inspirational comments.

My parcel from Artifolk has just arrived, so must pop off and open it as my new copics are inside
whoop whoop !!!!!!

Hugs and enjoy your evening
Kate
xx

15 comments:

Miria said...

What a gorgeous card, Kate, so romantic! Dezinaworld is stunning for vintage styled creations. Hugs, Miria

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Kate,gorgeous image and swirls i love that backing paper.
Kevin xx

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Kate, i love the vintage look
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

loriete said...

Oh, God, that was an amazing piece! Simply gorgeous! And the picture for sure is the beautiful one!

Thank you for playing with us at OVA!

Peggysue said...

What an absolutely beautiful romantic card!! I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU Anything Goes challenge & hope to see you again!

ladyjanet_56 said...

Hi Kate the sketch is great but your card is stunning & doesn't she have that look in her eyes love the swirls, have a great week-end & enjoy the rest of your hols. Janet

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Kate, so very pretty, I love the image you've used and the papers are gorgeous.
Hope you have a fabby weekend playing with your new pens
hugs Mandy xx

Paper Paradise said...

Wow Kate, this is yummy! Must get over to Our Vintage Affair ASAP. Sue x

Vicky said...

Beautiful card love the image & the layout.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafty Purple Frog Challenges, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, wow this is beautiful. your work is always so gorgeous and i am always delighted with how you make the dezinaworld images into gorgeous cards
hugs June xxxxx

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

ARTfulWings said...

A very beautiful card Kate - great interpretation of our lovely sketch. Thank you for joining in at OVA Polly x

Anonymous said...

Wow, so beautiful!
Thank You for joining us at Sliekjes Card Challenge and good luck in the draw too xx

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So beautiful!! Love what you've done with the distressing and flourishes!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE distress challenge!!

Viv said...

So gorgeous! Love the delicate flourishes.
Thanks for playing at Southern Girls! Viv xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10