Thursday 24 February 2011

Bling it On !!!!!! ..................................

Good afternoon to you all in the land of blog
Now I know it is unusual for me to be blogging during the day, but here I am on the first day of my three days off from work.  I started the day by visiting the Hobby House, picking up a few new lovely bits, I then went on to Grimsby Crafts and yep picked up some more new bits.  I stopped for a coffee with the very talented Sue and caught up with Lynn the new owner.  Had a lovely coffee stop and inspirational refill and then headed home to start crafting.

As it is still just a little too damp for spraying in the garage on my current creative project, I started on this little number. You see it has been such a long time since I have used my Sarah Kay stamps and felt they needed an airing, at the same time I needed to try out the alternative paper for my class, so killed too birds with one stone so to speak.

Here is what I messed my hands with today
I so enjoyed creating the tilted easel card the other day, that I decided to make another.  This one has brown as the compliment layer, with those delish new papers again from Grimsby Crafts.  I have distressed all the edges of the papers and image.  I used the smallest grand circle and behind this is a small doily.  I have distressed and over stamped with Tim Holtz antique linen on the image plate and used the same colour to distress the doily circle.  Using my new purchase of the fancy tags - nesties from Grimsby Crafts and the lush brown ribbon from the Hobby House, along with some additional bling and tulle from the Hobby House too.  The flowers are from various locations see the above page link for where I shop.

I took a photo from the other angle too, so you can see I have decorated the inner easel, and this then shows the depth of the flowers as well.

I think I have gone back to my photo overload today, probably more time to take photo's too, here is a close up of the flowers, now the flowers have been distressed with vintage photo as well as the antique linen.  I did not have any browns and cream flowers, so had to adapt and colour the ones I had.  I then spray these with a very fine gold glitter spray available from the Secret Crafter.

Then the image, coloured with copics in the browns and cream tones, with a gold gel pen for that key and a white gel pen for highlights.

Finally the inner return
Just look at all that bling, love these, picked up a couple of colours from the Hobby House today.

I would like to thank all my lovely visitors that take the time to visit and leave me such wonderful comments, I love them all.

I am entering this into these challenges
Creative Cottage - Fabulous Florals
Fab N Funky - I image, 2 embellies and 3 papers
Simon Says Stamp - Coffee and Cream
Truly Scrumptious - Swirls & Pearls
Stamp with Fun - 3 papers, 3 flowers and ribbon

Well think I better go make tea, as I am preparing for my class this evening, but will definitely need to eat before I go.

Happy Crafting to you all
Kate
xx


14 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, hun. This card is adorable, I love everything of it, the colour combo, the sweet image, the shape... simply stunning! Hugs, Miria xx

Lynsey said...

Wow Kate this is stunning! Love the colours and the style of card you have used.
Hugs Lynsey x

Tammy said...

Fabulous card, beautifully colored. The flowers are a perfect touch.

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww what a fabulous card, awesome colouring, gorgeous papers & embelies,fab design,sounds like you had lovely mornin, enjoy ya time of hun, sue,x

Marlene said...

This is beautifully done. Wow!

Did I tell you, too, that I love the way you photograph your art? Nicely done!

Paper Paradise said...

It was great to see you this morning Kate. Love the 'tilted' card too. Have a great workshop on Sunday x

Mandy said...

Hey lovely lady, your card is stunning Kate, so many beautiful details to look at, I love the pearly swirls, the stamping around the image, it's all perfect, I love it.
Enjoy your days off hun, & thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Dan said...

I love the vintage tones you've used! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like everything about it, those pearls look fab.
Kevin xx

andrea said...

Gorgeous car beautiful and stunning detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Kate :-) the image is beautiful and the papers and embellies are perfect ,,, lovely design too ,, fab easel ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and Good Luck with the DT call :-)
luv
Lols x x x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Kate, what a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our recipe challenge over at Stamp with Fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tara Godfrey said...

OMGosh Kate, this is stunning, hun! I love the Sarah Kay image and mine need an airing too. I love the gorgeous papers and the spray of flowers is just luscious. I havent tried the tilted easel but will have to give it a go! Love the pearl swirls too! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge and best of luck in the Simon Says DT Call too!
Hugs,t

Shelly said...

Great project, the flowers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10