Wednesday 23 February 2011

Birthday Cute Critters, thrilled with an Honourable Mention and Fabulous News

Good evening to you all in the land of blog
I was trying to post this earlier, however NTL decided to have a blip, so no internet for a good two hours, we are totally lost without the world of technology aren't we :)

So first of all I wanted to thank the ladies at Let's Get Shabby for selecting me for an Honourable Mention for their challenge 20, with this diamond white creation
if you want to read how this was made, please see here

The weather is still holding me up with the other creation for her special day - who knows it may improve tomorrow but then again I have three days off work so may be not :(

So whilst I was waiting for the weather to be a little less damp, I created a birthday card for a friend, here it is 
My regular followers will know that I absolutely adore these little House Mouse critters and I am steadily increasing my stash.  This stamp is "Surprise Party" and I was lucky to win this from Lols and it is just perfect for a birthday.  Once again I have used my GCD Studio Paris Nights linen effect papers (Mandy, avoided stroking and cutting the special papers :)  )  I love these papers too, they have such a wonderful feel about them.  The base contrast colour is black as I wanted to stick to a monochromatic card.  The small grand circle nestie has been used for the image along with a label nestie for the sentiment, which is a new sentiment I purchased from Grimsby Crafts, sorry will locate the packet and provide details shortly.  The ribbon is Papermania Capsule Mono Collection.  The lace, oh this lace it is to die for and available at Grimsby Crafts.  The flowers from various see where I shop page link above.  The charm from the Hobby House as well as the cream diamante on the bow.  The pearls are from Grimsby Crafts.  The image has been coloured with copics in the mono tones and the image plated dusted with black stazone and over stamped with the same.  The floating tickets have been coloured with a clear glitter sakuro pen.  The whole card has then been sprayed with a very fine glitter spray from the Secret Crafter.

Which reminds me of the fabulous news
Secret Crafter was voted runner up in the 'best independent store in the midlands' section of the Aceville awards, thank you to everyone that voted.  The secret crafter will shortly be selling Clarity Stamps by the very talented Barbara Gray along with a brand new electronic cutting machine, see the shops home page for details.

I would like to thank all my wonderful visitors for all the amazing comments they leave on passing and it is lovely to see you here, and I would like to welcome my new followers too

I am entering this creation into the following challenges
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Birthday Wishes
Anything Goes - distressing
Bearly Mine - ribbons and pearls
Flourishes - Birthdays
Scrap Creations - Birthdays
Gingerloft - Furry Friends
House Mouse and Friends - Use your favourite image ( I adore all of them, but this has to be a firm favourite)

Well I am off to clear the craft room ready for three days of playing whoop whoop !!!!!!
Hugs
Kate 
xx


17 comments:

Danielle said...

Aww, these mice are adorable peeking out from under their birthday hat! Love the muted browns & creams and the lace along the bottom is gorgeous!
Hugs, Danielle

MagsB said...

Those House Mice are just adorable! I love your card, it has such a subtle vintage look! And the lace is beautiful!

luv, Mags x

Tammy said...

Wow Kate, that fabulous congrats on the honorable mention. Love the sweet house mouses and this card is especially cute. Love the tone on tone.

Curly said...

Well done on the honourable mention, it is a absolutely fabulous project,
and the house mouse card is adorable those cheeky little mice, bless them,

Have a great day
Hugs Bridget :) x

CraftyC said...

I love your card Kate, its gorgeous and well done on your honourable mention!
Clairexx

Lori Barnett said...

so CUTE! those mice are ready for the party...that's for sure :) Thanks for playing the challenge with us this round!

sue said...

love the card and project thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Pat said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous image and colours, thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Lynn said...

Great card and love those HM cuties!!
Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges:)
huggs
Lynn xx

Anne said...

What a lovely, soft colourscheme, this is so beautiful, amazing lace and papers too.
Thank you for joining the House Mouse favourite stamp challenge!
Hugs
Anne
Guest Designer

gina g said...

Wow these are fabulous creations hunny.
Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Basement Stamper said...

These little mouse creatures are creepy but cute. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey at Scrap-creations.

Sue from Oregon said...

Love the DP you used on this wonderful meece creation! The color scheme really shines with this paper as well! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! Sue K

America said...

WOW! A fantastic color combination, with a great vintage look! Fabulous HM Card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you again soon! :)

Mummylade said...

what an amazing creation! thank you so much for entering the SFTW monochromatic challenge, and good luck!

crafty amy said...

Ooooh I LOVE HM too :D this is adorable and looks great in the mono colours.
Thank you for joining us at bearly mine and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card! Love the colors!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Birthday Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10