Saturday 11 December 2010

A Colour Combination for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge Design Team to play with

Good morning to you
Today brings another fabulous challenge for the


and our lovely Tracie chose this theme

LIME/BLUE/PINK

I was a little stumped when I first saw these colours until Tracie raided my copic box and got out the three colours.  She then very kindly introduced me to some fabulous fresh papers in the Secret Crafter Shop here - so on the next coffee break I quickly acquired these and added them to my purchases.  Now this is not a normal colour scheme for me but I have to say I was very quickly taken by it.

So here is my design team creation for this week
Base card is another Whichcraft template, I coloured this with the lime copic and then used a blue paper to frame my pink papers.  I have added my favorite Secret Crafter Manga Image "Angel Boy" I have coloured him with copics and added a clear glitter sakuro to his wings for the glittery effect.  He is sat on a plinth of glittery liquid applique and behind him is an acetate circle, edged in the blue glitter and then a fine spray of silver through a template of a moon that I made to show him sort of sitting on the moon.  The sentiment is a velum one and the white poinsettia sprayed with the silver glitter (thanks Jane for introducing me to this love it) 

Here is a close up of the image
I know he has pink eyes I was matching the colour scheme :)

Don't forget to pop to see all the other design team creations and I look forward to visiting those that enter

I am entering this little number into the following challenges
The Shabby Tea Room (thank you ladies for my honourable mention) - Tis the Season
AiFactory - Holiday/Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Floral Frenzy, I went with one but a large one
Dutch Dare - Christmas
Shirley2Girls - Holidays using glitter and bling
Karber - Digi and fantasy
Alphabet - G for Glitter
Character Cafe - Glitter
Delicious Doodles - 1 image, 2 dp, 3 embellies
Sew Many Cards - digi stamp and flower
Stampman - Christmas and only 3 colours
Stamp Something - digital

I would like to welcome my new follower and say thank you to all my lovely visitors who leave such inspiring and wonderful comments, you make my day every day :)

Hugs Kate xx

31 comments:

sam21ski said...

Lovely work again Kate, you have more patience than me cutting those wings out!!!

Have a good weekend xxxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love the effect of the moon in the background.

Hugs Jane x

PS - I did warn you the glitter is addictive LOL

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card for the Delicious Doodles Chalenge! Thanks for joining us!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Tammy said...

Terrific card, great color scheme and I love the pink eyes.

Joey said...

Kate this is gorgeous, a beautiful design. Joey.xx

dj1952 said...

What a fantastic card. The colors really are pretty together. Thanks for joining us at TCC this week. Hugs, dj

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Cute card! thanks for playing along with SS!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Stunning card as always hun. Love the colour scheme it works so well. x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww a totally gorgeous card, fabulous colouring, lovely papers & design, luv the flower, sue,x

Unknown said...

So cute card! Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing non traditional christmas cards! fantastic colors. Thanks for entering this week at AIF
-Tammy

shaz earl said...

Really cute card thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge.

Anita Bownds said...

absolutely beautiful card..Thanks for joining us this week at Delicious Doodles challenge blog hope you join us next week!! Merry Christmas Hugs!..Anita

Viv said...

Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image . Thanks for playing at Digi's With Attitude!
Viv :)

Teri said...

A very sweet card hun!
Thank you for playing along with our Delicious Doodles challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, This is so sweet,the colours work well too
I would like to use your work for the dezinaworld everyone wins challenge to display on my website so just popped by to ask your permission. Could you let me know if that is ok please ? Also just checking with everyone that they got their prizes ? again, please let me know if you did or not and if not i will send you the link
hugs June

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Awesome card... great colors! Cute cute cute!!!

Thank you for particpating in this week's Digi's With Attitude! Challenge!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Kate this is so cute and gorgeous. I love the image and fab take on the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles hugs Pascale xxx

Debbie said...

Very cute ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Pattie said...

Very nice design! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card. Thanks for joining us at AiFactory.

paper fun said...

Cute card. I love the moon on the acetate.

Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude!

Mari

kelly said...

Gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at DDCC

Gram's Treasures said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for this week's challenge at The Character Café.

Cleota said...

What a fabulous project! Love that image. Thanks for playing along with us at TCC this week.

Cleota
DT Member

Anette said...

Lovely card! thanks for joining us at DDCC.

Lisa said...

Lovely card. Such unusual colours for a Christmas card, but they work so well! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this is so very precious!! I love your coloring and this fun card style!! :) Thanks for joining with us at the Stamp Something challenge this week!!HUGS

Curly said...

Hi Kate so sorry its taken me so long to post this :( lol

your card is fantastic he looks so good in this with this colour combo and I love his pink eyes it makes you think of Riley for the Eclipse movie lol

Have a great day Hugs Bridget :)x

Vanja said...

Fabulous card! The image is adorable.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

WOW, I really like these colors together!! Beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing it with SEW MANY CHALLENGES this week:)

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10