Friday 17 September 2010

Winter Wonderland DT - A Monochromatic Christmas Card

Happy Friday morning to you all and as you all know this welcomes the next Winter Wonderland Challenge which this week I am hosting.
Last week there were some amazing entries to Danielle's challenge and we really enjoyed seeing the different interpretations of a Single Layer card

Now this week the teamies and I all chose a colour and created our pieces for the challenge of

A Monochromatic Card

This is a card using one colour and either cream or white.  I chose the green tones, but check out the Challenge site and see the wonderful array of colours the team used.

We are sponsored this week by our ex teamie Terri
who is offering the random winner the choice of three of her amazing digis

So here is my DT card for this week
This is my first attempt at a Step card, an interesting configuration but a change which I enjoyed.  I have used a cream base card.  I have also used a paper I get regularly from the Hobby House is  by Craft Creations Ltd it uses the sentiments to perfection and I normally pair this with its matching paper but not on this occasion and the other is by Dovecraft called Jolly Happy Christmas I have used the greens from this stack but there are some lovely reds too.  The ribbon is also from the Hobby House as are the diamante's and the pearls.  I have used butter cream stazone on the acetate circle and framed this with a scallop nestie centred with a circle nestie.  I added the diamante's in green on each scallop and added pearls to the tips of the pearls on the acetate.  The floral arrangement created differently today taking me back numerous years to when I did my flower arranging course.  The base stem is a triple holly leaf spray from Papermania I have then added and twisted together all the other flowers from several places but now in my general flower stash.  I added a little bow at the bottom but wanted to show that it was a spray creation.

Here is a close up of the spray which I added some extra stickles too
Just look at those delish holly berries in green, just perfect for this colour scheme.  Here is a close up of the Whiff of Joy image an oldie but goodie, you can also see the swirls on the acetate too.
I used copics to colour the image
and added some more of the liquid applique for her fluffy bits.

Well now all I need to do is show you what I managed to combo this creation too, so here goes

A Pocketful of Posies - Floral Fantasy
The Shabby Tea Room - Photo inspiration - I used the cream and green from the photo
Totally Gorjuss - Flower
PaperPlay - A Shaped Card
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Just Inspirational - A Christmas Card
Moving Along with the Times - Christmas

I would like to say hi to June from Dezinaworld who joined me recently and who took me over the 100 followers, check out her site, I do on a regular basis she has some lovely stuff.
and hi to Leigh and Troy also

Now don't forget I am still celebrating with Candy see here

Thank you to all my recent visitors who leave me such wonderfully inspiring comments, I love each and everyone of them they always make me smile.

I will be asking Mr Blogger to publish this post for me and I will link up via mobile at some point, isn't he great.

So all that is left for me to say is have a great crafty weekend

Hugs and Happy Crafting
Kate xx

28 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
totally gorgeous card, luv the colour beautiful papers & embelies, great design, right must do your candy i forget every time i come here!! DUH, sue,x

Lia said...

beautiful card kate I love the colors and your coloring is great
hugs Lia

Tracy said...

Beautiful card kate! I love green and using the acetate for the image was very clever. Your spray is lovely. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Inspirational!

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. You've done a great job with the card shape and acetate! I love it! Hugs. Miria

Linda said...

Wow this is very beautiful card
hugs linda

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Kate,
WOW this is a super card, the monochrome is amazing. I love all the shades of green. Wow the Holly is brill and I sooo love the Liquid applique.
Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week
Hazelxo

Danielle said...

Kate! Your first step-card is stunning!! I absolutely adore the colours you chose to work with and the image is perfectly coloured! You're quite the talented gal too with arranging those flowers - beautiful touch! Thanks for a great challenge - have a fab weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Audrey Pettit said...

What a lovely card! I really like the step design and your use of the monochromatic greens. Lovely image and coloring and pretty papers, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Purple Crazy said...

Fabby card Kate, those greens all blend together really well.

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Kate :-) I have never made one of these cards ,, I really must have a go :-) The papers, colours and embellies are all lovely :-)

luv
Lols x x x

sam21ski said...

Brilliant card Kate, and of course I just love the green tones xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I adore this card and green is not my fave clour but it looks stunning here. I love this image and the step card and flowers are so pretty. For the first time I am pleased to say thanks for joining us at PFOP. Check out the new challenge on Monday. Marianne x

Lynsey said...

Kate this card is stunning! I love how you have mounted your image on acetate, that is a great idea! It looks so wonderful! Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lynsey x

sue said...

Stunning! Love the image on the acetate! Thanks for joining us at our first Southern Girls Challenge!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the colours!
Clairexx

kelly said...

Kate, This is lovely. l love the spray. The white fluffy bits on the image look very impressive

Kelly

Unknown said...

A totally gorgeous creation teamie for a fabulous theme thanks for the fab challenge x Janet

PapierGirl said...

Just lovely! I love the step card design and your gorgeous spray! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Kirsten Aune said...

Kate, this is gorgeous! The papers are beautiful og the details are amazing!
Hugs, Kirsten

maddy hill said...

WOWZA kate ! what an awesome card - the design is just gorgeous and i love your spray of flowers - very pretty !

Jeannie said...

Truly stunning and all of your details are spot on! Thanks so much for joining us this week at PaperPlay Challenges.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful step card; I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

Debs said...

Beautiful card Kate - I love that image and green isd a fab colour.
Thanks for popping over and leaving a comment on my WW entry - just wanted to point out that what you thought was gold is silver mirri board - it's the reflection of the light that makes it look gold lol!!!
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

ARTfulWings said...

Wow never tried a 'step' card but this looks fab!!! Love the WOJ image - FANTASTIC Polly xx

Viv said...

Wow! Gorgeous colour and fab flower spray. Love the image on the acetate too! Thanks for playing in Southern Girls first challenge. Viv x

stampingandstitching said...

Wow what a fantastic card! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Basslady said...

what a fabulous card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Daniele said...

lovely card and the flower bouquet is stunning thanks for joining us at JIC
hugs

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10