Friday 10 September 2010

Winter Wonderland DT Card - A Single Layer Card for easy Posting

Hi all and happy Winter Wonderland Day

I am so sorry for not getting around to snooping on those lovely desks and not leaving my usual comments on everyone's posts and WW entries, but blogger keeps giving me errors, so I do not even know if I am going to get this actually written.
I hope I managed to leave messages with everyone or twice if it blipped and if not I will keep trying until they are all done.

We had some really great entries for Marianne's recipe challenge and it is lovely to visit you all.

Today is Friday (if  it is not to obvious) and that sounds the crafting bell for the weekend along with the new challenge at Winter Wonderland and our sponsor this week is
 with this amazing prize
 Our very talented Danielle is hosting the challenge this week and she has chosen the theme of

 A One Layer Card 

The main thing to keep in mind is easy postage - so no bows or embellishments that are going to bump your card up into the next postage level

Following on from my first entry into the Keep It Simple Challenge last week, I thought that this might be quite easy.  How wrong was I :(
I decided to review my Barbara Gray DVD and to look at some of her fabulous techniques.  I came across the resist technique, which just looked fabulous and all on one level, just perfect.

So I went up to my little Beach Hut and tried it out as per the DVD instructions...................maybe not.

  All in a flap I contacted my good friend Sam who very kindly put me back on track.  She also gave me the link to the technique zone and its section on Resist Stamping her words of wisdom sent me back to my Beach Hut and with renewed vigor I tried it again, success.  Not convinced it was good enough to use as a DT card to inspire people I sent it to her to show her and she said it was good to go.
So key requirements for this says Sam -  glossy card, the glossier the better and once you have inked up your brayer as you roll it over your clear watermark image, keep going until all the image is showing and the colour has been pushed off the image.

So here is my very first posted Resist Stamped Christmas Card, you could make an awful lot of cards with this technique very quickly if you wanted too.
I have used one of my really old stamps and not sure where it is from now with a papermania sentiment and a Big Juicy pad and high gloss photo paper.  The base card is gold card and I have used some stickles around the edge of the resist stamping piece and to highlight little bits on the image and the dots on the"i's".  With no embellies :( 

Now as you know us ladies of the Design Team do like to combine our cards with other challenges but I really was not sure what I could combo this with... but I managed a few.
Charisma Cardz - Try Something New - well it is new for me
Paper Play - Autumnal Colours
Tuesday Throwdown - Fall - the colours of the leaves in the inks
Saturday Challenge - clean and simple (well it is when you figure it out)

think that is it.

I would like to take the time to thank all of those lovely visitors who take the time to read my sometimes long posts and leave such lovely inspiring comments, thank you xx

Now as always I am at work tomorrow, so Mr Blogger will do that thing that he is so good at and publish this post for me (isn't he fabulous) well he will be if he is back working properly and I will try link on the mobile at some point during the day and if not after the weekly shop.



 Oh and I am still running my celebration candy here if you are interested

So enjoy this weeks challenge and your crafting weekend
Hugs
Kate 
xxx

10 comments:

MagsB said...

Wow! What a great card! And thank you for the tip on using glossy card, I suspect that's where I've gone wrong before. My efforts have always been messy, so hopefully now I'll get a better result!!

luv, Mags x

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful winter card Kate! Love the colours you used!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment, I loved reading it!
Have a great weekend, take care, ~Ira

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Anonymous said...

Beautiful design....
Thanks so much for joining SCSC this week and good luck
x
Vicky

Lynsey said...

Lovely card Kate, background looks great. Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my card. Have a great weekend.
Hugs Lynsey x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is a really great card Kate which I would have no idea how to make so well done you for trying something new. Marianne x

Sew This N That said...

Oh I love your resist technique, haven't tried this...will have to give it a go :)
*hugs* Heather x

sam21ski said...

Kate, as you already know, I think you've made a fantastic job of this, for a resist technique your image stunning, it's all there and very crisp.

Yes, that's right, the glossier the card the better the image and you need to press down hard with the brayer and keep rolling it until all the ink has disappeared from it.

Thanks for the blog mention of the Techniques Zone and I hope it inspires some of you to have a go xxxxx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous single layer card!

Miria said...

Great job, Kate! Very inspirational! I think I'll give a go. Hugs. Miria

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10