Sunday 5 September 2010

Vintage Tags Over At .........................."Our Vintage Affair"

Yep that is right and I could not resist the temptation to go and play along.
As you know I like to keep trying new things and although tags are not new and neither is vintage or distressing, this tag holder is.

The challenge over at Christmas Stampin All Year Long is to create  a tag holder and this was just another perfect opportunity for me to go and play and to combo some other challenges along the way.

I was a little late with my entry to Our Vintage Affair last month but this month I am on the ball, the challenge started today and guess what I spent today playing to create that special something.

Now Stamptacular this wee are asking us to Distress it so this was another something to play with and now my hands are dyed brown with Tim Holtz vintage photo and I think my sponge has died a death and next time I play I will need a new one.

Over at the Corrosive Challenge they like us to try new things so this week their challenge is Old Olive and real red and this fitted in great with this creation.

Polka Doodle are asking us to make shaped cards, I hope this fits the bill ladies.

Stampin for the Weekend are asking for Shabby or Vintage, so I joined in here too

Cute Card Thursday are asking for us to use material, I hope lace counts here.

So onto the creation which was made from various papers from a stack, along with some plain antique gold card, I used the MS doily punch it does do vintage so well don't you think.  The lace is from a local department store and the ribbon from the Hobby House.  The good old nesties used in the bug for the ovals, and the scallop ovals and stickles to add the extra Xmas sparkle.  The flowers from Wild Orchid.
So apologising for the photo heavy post again, but with out it you could miss some of the detail.
Thank you again to all those that visit my little section of blog land and leave such inspiring comments.  Oh and also if you had not noticed I am three followers away from 100 followers so I have been to see Jill at the Hobby House and arranged that as I hit my 100 follower I will be putting some candy up to celebrate, can't wait to say thank you to you all.

Well enjoy your evening

Hugs Kate xx

24 comments:

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate that would make someone a lovely christmas present xxx

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. These tags with tag holder are gorgeous! I love the vintage images! By the way, do you know you won Jane's whiff of joy Betty with candy cane? Congrats. Miria

Zoe Tant said...

Such a beautiful creation Kate and fits all those challenges so well. Zoƫ

Carolynne said...

Absolutely beautiful, you should be really proud.

xx

Carolynne

Graphicat said...

What a GORGEOUS project! I just love those tags you've done! So vintage and pretty!!
thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Sew This N That said...

stunning work Kate, love the cute images you have used :)
*hugs* Heather x

Sprytebyrd said...

This is just beautiful, Kate! I love making these tag holders, they're so fun! Your colors and image are just lovely!
Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Distressing challenge!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Mandy said...

Wow hun these are stunning, so elegant and beautiful
hugs Mandy xx

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Kate, Such a wonderful project! Love how set the images on each of your tag with the scalloped edge decorated with stickles. The lace enhance the vintage look. Perfect job with the vintage photo ink. thanks for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday challenge.
Hugs.
Danielle.

kelly said...

These are stunning Kate.
The vintage images are fabulous.

I would love to receive presents at christmas with tags like that.


Kelly

ARTfulWings said...

WOW stunning Kate - really love the vintage images you have used (Mr Linky is working now if you could pop back onto Our vintage Affair and link up) Thanks for joining in and see you soon

Karen McAlpine said...

What a lovely project, Kate. If I were licky enough to receive such a Christmas card, I would hang the tags on the tree. They are so pretty they deserve to be on display.

Tracy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful tag holder and tags. Love the colour scheme and lacy details. thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Jodi said...

OH these are just Beautiful gift tags!! I just love the vintage look and those papers are gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Mary said...

Love the tag holder - what a great idea! And your artwork is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Corrosive!

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful project. Thanks for playing at Corrosive Challenge this week.

Tracey said...

WOW! This is stunning Kate :)
Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Tip Top said...

Beautiful vintage! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Jenny said...

A very elegant project! LOVE the vintage feel. Thanks for sharing your project with us over at Polka Doodles.

Fliss said...

Just fabulous shaped card.
Thanks for joining in with this week's Polka Doodles challenge.
x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This would make a special gift. TFS. Lynne M

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty, I just love hopping around to see other vintage tags!

Ms. Jen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I was looking through some old challenges and saw this - WOW! Just love all the details and vintage look.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10