Saturday 4 September 2010

Tilda.......... you light up the world.

Good afternoon to you all
I started this morning by waking up to a new follower, so without fail as always, this is a welcome to Emilia and Steve (well this was the name on the follower list) so I hope that is right, any way welcome to my little section of blog land and hope that I provide you with some inspiration along the way or at least a smile or two.

The post man arrived and delivered my Crafty Sentiments clear stamp from my win, just gonna have to ink her up she is lovely, watch this space, there are some lovely new releases for this Christmas pop over and take a look.

I would like to say hello again to Mandy, lovely to have you back following me, no apology needed there are always technical glitches hun - hope you find your other missing people xx

I would like to say thank you to Sue for my lovely e mail, it is still in my mail in box and I think it will be there for a few years to come, what a lovely mail, made my heart sing - so thank you from the bottom of my heart hun xx

Finally a HUGE thank you to Sam
Now for those of you who have not visited or seen Sam's work before it is totally unique.  She amazes me with all the techniques she uses and worries me at the same time with all the heating/burning she does, however she is fabulous on her sewing machine.  Without Sam I would not have been directed to this wonderful site The Technique Zone which resolved an issue I was having with a future DT card - cannot explain any more as yet, but whilst on this site I found out why my very first attempt at today's creation did not work as well as it should have.  So the biggest ((((( HUGS)))) to Sam and thanks hun xx 

So now that I have wet your appetite and interest I better quickly get around to showing you what I have been up to.
I have been creating candles, got two really cheap candles from the shop a while back but did not master this in any way but now I have and I am thrilled.  This is a Xmas Magnolia Candle.  It has lots of Tilda's on it and flourishes and a Sentiment too.  Coloured with copics and glittered up with stickles.  Now I am not even going to start to explain how to do this, so scroll back up and find the link to the Technique Zone.  Whilst your there go and have a good old browse. If you think your stuck in a little bit of a rut, go and expand your creations and try something new. The images are some that I got from Polly at Artfulwings, thank you hun, by the way have you been over to see A Vintage affair lately, if you like to create beautiful unique pieces it might be the place for you.

So not much for me to say than sorry again as this is photo heavy
I loved every minute of creating this and will definitely be going back to buy some more candles.  

As I was not planning on this fitting any challenges what so ever, I am so pleased that I can enter this into the following challenges

The One Stop Craft Challenge - which is a photo inspiration and I chose the top photo with Pinks, Blacks and light yellow and a little green and cream on it.
Craft Your Days Away Challenge - Girly and Glitter

Sweet Stampin - A Winter Wonderland

Die Cut Dreams Christmas - Tilda in Pink

Stamp Something - who are asking for  a cute something and we all love our cute Tilda


Stampavie and More - Not a Card

Creative Inspirations - Pastel Green, Pink and Cream (hope this fits ladies)

Think that it is today, well going to make myself a peach tea and see what else I can play with up in my Beach Hut

Thank you to those of you who have visited me recently and left some lovely inspirational comments it is lovely to receive nice comments they always make you smile.  

OH !!!!! almost forgot.............. for those of you who follow the X Factor, enjoy your viewing this evening and if you don't like it then hope your evening is enjoyable.

Bye for now
Kate xx

23 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow your candles are stunning, i have never had any luck when i have done this!! the bloody candle melts! lol, sue,x

sam21ski said...

Your candles look amazing.

Thank you sooooo much for your very kind comments and link to my own blog and the Technique Zone blog - much appreciated and glad it helped you out xxxxx

Enjoy the rest of your weekend xxx

Lynne said...

This is absolutely beautiful Kate - you couldn't possibly light it you just look at it :o) thanks for joining in with us at DCD Christmas Club xx Lynne xx

Kerryn said...

I love your candles!! So cute. Nice to see the images being used on other things.

Doreen said...

Wow your candles are amazing Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

Paper Paradise said...

Just love the candles Kate. They are just unique and very pretty. Love 'em. x

Mandy said...

Kate your candle is beautiful hun, love the little Tilda's and the swirl stamps on it.I've not decorated a candle for ages but you've inspired me to dig them out and crack on with another, so thank you.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs Mandy xx

Karen said...

REally lovely candle, pretty images too, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful candle! I love all the images and the glitter.

Jennifer

Donna said...

Gorgeous candles! I really NEED to try this...thanks so much for joining us at CYDA this time.
Hugs, Donna x

Unknown said...

This is wonderful...I would never be able to use it lol.. Thanks for playing along at one stop this week xx

Lynsey said...

Stunning candle Kate! You are clever!
Hugs Lynsey x

Chrissie said...

This is such a pretty project!
Thanks so much for entering our Photo Inspiration challenge at OSCC this week!
Chrissie

gina g said...

These are just fabulous Kate. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

NGCARDS said...

Lovely work hun, Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Shelley said...

Wow this looks amazing!! I love all the detail on the candle. Thanks for joining in with both Craft Your Days Away and One Stop Craft Challenge.
Hugs Shelley xx

Susie Sugar said...

Fantastic Candle so cute
Thanks for joining us this week at the Die cut Dreams Christmas challenge
Hugs Susie xx

Kiki said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous. Love your candle very much!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs. Kiki

Lindsey said...

WoW! What a great idea, this is wonderful as always Kate. You never fail to amaze me! I will be heading over to that site so thanks for the link. Thanks for joiningu s at Sweet Stampin' and OSCC this week too
Linds x

stephanne said...

Oh, I think this fits indeed!!! Ivory candle, pink outfit, yeah, this works!!! Wonderful idea, and it couldn't have turned out any better!! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
stephanne

Cindy Groh said...

Great unusual candle. I find that little girl quite creepy. But thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

Beautiful candle Kate, thanks for sharing with us this week over at Stamp Something.

Hugs Jo xxx

Cathy Spicer said...

WAHOO! What an amazing creation. I'm late commenting but am SO happy I hopped over. My mom would have been thrilled so see such a lovely creation inspired by her precious critters. So fitting, to me, that you used an angel image with the colors. THANK you for sharing at the OSC.

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10