Wednesday 1 September 2010

Distressed Birthday Card

Good evening to you all, I was suppose to give this little number to a colleague today but forgot to photograph it and then also forgot to take it in for her.  Luckily for me she is popping in tomorrow so phew, saved....................
Now the person in question, is the lady who does not like Fussy or Fancy and likes the simple wordy style, so hopefully she will like this.  

I really enjoyed being able to use some more of my new GCD Studio papers, this is the Ella Blue stack with linen finish.  I got a new sentiment from the sales basket at the Hobby House at the weekend and felt this was just perfect.  I distressed with Tim Holtz vintage photo and used a Nellie die to create the two diamonds.  I used the bronze pearlised card to frame the papers and used this to punch out the little butterflies, whose little bodies are made with a pale blue liquid pearl. So here is the finished card.
This time I did not start with any challenge in mind, but this fits perfectly with the following challenges.

Sir Stampalot - All Distressed
and
The Creative Cottage - Celebrations, A Birthday celebration.

I would like to thank all of those recent visitors who left such lovely comments, I love reading them all and returning your visit.

Hugs
Kate xx

23 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Kate,



I wasn’t able to leave a comment on your site… The comment section never came up.



Anyway, I had to laugh when I saw the photo of your office, I am glad that there are more like us, meaning a family who sits together in the “family office” each at her/his own computer. Same here.



My messy scale is a little bit worse this week, 4 / 10.



Have a wonderful WOYWW, I enjoy your blog,

Carola

Sue said...

Hi Hun
gorgeous card, luv the sentiment so true, pretty butterflies, lovely design,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Berry said...

What a stunning creation! Thanks for joining in with my celebrations challenge at the creative cottage challenge blog! Hugs Rebekah xx

brenda said...

HIi Kate

What a really elegant card and a lovely sentiment.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Cardarian said...

Love your card and the older you get the more you understand the words you have put on your card! Very nice!
Hugs,
Cardarian

PinksyDoodles said...

This is a fabulous, elegant card and I love the sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Sunshine Girl said...

Gorgeous card - she will love it! thanks for sharing.

Anne said...

oh I love this card, it's super
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Tracy said...

this is beautiful, love the colours and the sentiment, really elegant card. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

mewTilman said...

Beautiful card--very creative. Always love your work.

pinky said...

Beautiful creation, love your papers and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Kate this is so beautiful the colours and sentiment look so classy wonderful work thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot
Hugs
Lorraine x

lindyloo said...

What a beautiful card I love the sentiment and colours thanks for joining us at the creative cottage lindyloo x

Lynsey said...

Hi Kate, love your card the sentiment is great.
Hugs Lynsey x

Mandy said...

Hun your card is stunning, so pretty and elegant and I love the sentiment.

Thanks for your help with randon.org hun I really appreciate it.
My cinnamon swirls were a real cinnamon stick which I snapped in half to fit and the smell was gorgeous, I could sit snapping and sniffing for hours lol
hugs Mandy xx

Mandy said...

OMG hun I was wondering why I don't get any of your updates! I went to sign in to see if that worked and for some strange reason I've stopped following you, unless you banned me of course lol. I lost a few blogs I was following back along, I guess yours must have been among them. All sorted again now phew lol
hugs Mandy xx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Francesca said...

A wonderful card with lovely details
thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

sam21ski said...

What are you like hey - come on, tell the truth, you just wanted to keep it for yourself!!!! xxxx

Sally H said...

Beautiful card with lovely distressing! I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Teri said...

Gorgeous hun! Loving those little butterflies.
Thanks for taking part at The Creative Cottage this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card, love the distressing! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly x

Linapyssel said...

A truly elegant card that goes straight into the heart!!! Very pretty!!
Thank you for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month
Lina xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10