Friday 24 September 2010

Deck the halls with boughs of holly - Winter Wonderland DT Christmas Card

Hello to all of you out there in blog land
yep today rings in another Friday and this means the new challenge at Winter Wonderland

but before we move onto the new, lets just say how fabulous all the entries were last week for my monochromatic challenge, I really enjoyed visiting and commenting on all of the entries.

In case  you missed my exciting news pop here to see what you missed
and today is the last day of my candy here

So on to this weeks challenge

our sponsor this week is our regular monthly sponsor
who are offering the random winner a gift voucher of $15.00

So our host this week is Janet (aka Clarky J) and she has chosen the theme of 

Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly

yep the more holly the better, think I went off on an overload but I enjoyed myself.

So this is my creation for this weeks DT card
The base layer is red mirror card topped with on the front the Papermania "Silent Night" paper and on the inner (I have to apologize but I am sure you all know it - this was a remnant in my odds draw).  The image is stamped onto a circle nestie and embossed.  The image was coloured first with copics and then I added the little holly stamp all the way round to frame the image.  I added claret stickles for the berries on these and used pearls on the inside.  The sentiment is a vellum one that I got from Tilly's I believe. (see where I shop on the page link above)

So onto the close ups
The sentiment
The inner return, just look at all those juicy holly berries
and the image coloured with those gorgeous copics
I really enjoyed creating this little number.

So what have I combined this weeks card with as you know us ladies of the WW Challenge love to combo, so here is what I have entered this card into this week

Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
Die Cut Dreams - Use vellum

Edited: thank you Julie
I am also entering this into the Scrapbook Sisters Challenge - Over the Edge

not too many this week I am afraid :) but I had an idea in my head and had to go with it.

Anyway I would like to say thank you to all of those that visit me and leave such inspirational comments, I love and appreciate them all and welcome to my new followers.

Well hope your have a great weekend and do lots and lots of crafting I know I will be and if you are going to the Ally Pally enjoy your spending :) do us proud ladies.

Hugs Kate xx

21 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi teamie, A great card, love the colouring and all that holly looks fab. Marianne x

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
totally gorgeous card, luv the design, fabby image, gorgeous papers, congrats on your guest design post, have great weekend hun, sue,x

maddy hill said...

gorgeous ,gorgeous ! so many details ! congrats on your guest spot too hunny !
lov
maddyx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Babs said...

Hi Kate, Beautiful card sweet image and gorgeous papers.

Babs x

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. Thank you so much! Sorry I couldn't post the card before because I was at work this morning. Your card is so gorgeous and I'm really happy to share this challenge with you and the team! hugs. Miria

Miria said...

Oops, I didn't see I am on your sidebar! Mwah! Miria ;0))

Deb said...

beautiful card, I love the image and the holly, thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week
Debs
xxx

Faye said...

What a wonderful card, it's gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

MagsB said...

isn't the robin just gorgeous! I love the holly leaves round him, it looks as if he's hiding in a tree. Fab card!

luv, Mags x

Pamela said...

Lovely Christmas card, thank you for joining us at DCD this week.

Pamela x

ladyjanet_56 said...

Well done Kate on winning The Secret Crafter wanna share haha this card is lovely looks lovely, Janet

Julie said...

What a lovely card,I love all that Holly you've used!,It'd be a great card for another challenge too,check out my blog for the link to Scrapbooksister's card challenge!Julie.x

karen said...

This is a lovely card Kate. Thank you so much for entering our Card Challenge.x

Mandy said...

Your card is beautiful Kate, love the image you've used and all the holly looks perfect.
Congrats on you spotlight GDT hun, they are lucky to have you join them
hugs Mandy xx

sam21ski said...

WOW, see what you mean about this stamp Kate. Looks totally different to how it did sat on your shelf!!!!

Gem said...

oh beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Danielle said...

Stunning card for this weeks challenge Kate! Absolutely love how you coloured up the robin and all that holly is just fabulous! Hope you enjoyed a great weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card - love your colouring of the robin, etc. I think I have some of that embossed card somewhere in my stash too!

Thank you for your kind comments on my challenge card - I have modified the post to include a link to the challenge.

Sue U said...

Fabulous card, love the image, nice to see a traditional image :-) Thanks for taking part in this weeks Over the Edge Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge, hope to see you next week!

Sue xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

Hi honey, sorry I haven't left a comment for a while, been checkin in but not had much time to comment, would just like to say how much I have been loving your posts lately, especially your lovely chrimbo cards - hope all is well with you, take care and TFS XXX

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10