Saturday 6 February 2010

Multiple Challenges and Copics Valentine Card

Good afternoon everyone

Although it is not raining it is still quite miserable outside.  I awoke to the noise of a vehicle door closing and it sounded like the post van's.  So I sprinted out of bed nearly killing myself falling over my slippers............. 

why? you ask would I be so excited.  

Well last Friday my winning's from Simon Says Stamp was posted, coming from the states, I figured that it would take about a week.......................  If you think tripping over  the slippers was not worth it, then the other reason, was I waited with baited breath after watching all the "sneak peaks" from the Whiff of Joy DT on the City Girls Stamps.  I just knew I had to have them.............. so on the 3rd of Feb (release date 4th) I was determined to sit up all night if I had too, to be one of the first to order the stamps as the next day I would not be able to and I had a feeling they would sell out quick (I believe they did). Katharina, placed them available to order on the website before midnight and yes, I was there placing my order, thrilled to have managed to get them.  Even more thrilled to find out that they were being shipped on the 4th, so I think it was worth the rush.  I would not want to miss the parcels, but it was not the postie, but the National Grid Man.................. oh the pain in my life!!!!  He picked up all his workman signs and contact this number if we are gasing you sign and left.  

Oh well I was up, so quick coffee, tidy up, smidgen of house work and up to the Beach Hut for some quality craft time, whilst Matt and Mike were still in bed.  

I was busy tidying up and sorting out, cleaning and defragging the laptop when in the top right of my left eye I saw something moving.  It was V one of my best friends fella, he could see me in the Beach Hut and was moving quickly up and down the street in front of the window to catch my eye.  I looked up and his miming told me he would like a cuppa.  Thumbs up from me and I came down to put the kettle on.  Whilst making the cuppa's the postie came and with a parcel, hooooooooooooorrray one of my parcels..............................NO another for my son Mike....................deflated.......................... will have to wait till Monday now.

So onto my creation of the day. This card I am entering into several challenges, love a challenge or two don't you......

I have used these cute bears, roses and hearts to show the love something

Again I have used the hearts and roses as well as the image top portray this.


Is it because all the other challenges are leaning towards valentine that we are lead in this direction, when possibly I could have done something to do with just garden's or green fly :o.


The colours just work perfectly for these two cuddling in love bears.

Well what is NOT new on this card.  I have used the two new martha stewart heart punches, the paper is another new pack added to the many in the Beach Hut.  The roses recently purchased from the Hobby House along with the white bottom flower (coloured with tattered rose by Tim Holtz)oh and the stamp is new too (I cut off a few bits to meet my requirements)

 The red and the roses for me just say it all.

So onto the Card here it is

 

It is another easel card, these are such a lovely way of showing off your work.  With it being a valentine card created with red's, roses, and punched hearts I felt that this like the rose photo in the Simon Says Stamp challenge just says "Love You!" 

A close up of the Martha Stewart Hearts with the little red roses.


The close up of the larger floral embellishment at the top right.


and as always those very addictive copics, with the ability to blend and on this image look soft and furry.  

 
I cut these out today and raised them to add a little more depth.

Well I have really enjoyed combining and creating this card, hope I can do equally as well with the tea, which I almost forgot.   Did finally get the meat out at 1 ish, so if it defrost we will be having pork of a kind and if it does not - may try out the new takeaway in Holton-Le-Clay......

Must go hug the poorly hubby, to make him feel a little loved - he has spent the day coughing at the football on the TV, bless him.

Have a good weekend and hope to post again tomorrow when I have finished the neighbours (male) birthday card................... oh I do love a male card challenge....

Take care all and happy crafting, thank you all for visiting and for all your recent comments.

chow for now

Hugs Kate xx

16 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Oh I just LOVE this! What a sweet and BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!! Your coloring is absolutely PERFECT! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

very lovely card I am loving the easel card! Thanks for joining us on the ABC challenge this time Samantha :0)

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So cute! You coloured the bears beautifully!

Ruth Philps said...

Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes Kate.

Oh the postman saga...I had to wait a month for my Uggs from Australia so you can imagine I nearly throttled the postie everytime he arrived with parcels for other people..infact I think by the 18th Jan there were tears in eyes each time I realised they weren't for me. When they finally did arrive I nearly snogged the poor bloke!!

Beautiful easel card, but I am soooo jealous at all of your MS punches...If you see a prowler outside the hut it might be me!!

Good luck for the challenges with your copics tecniques your bound to be up there!!

sam21ski said...

LOL re the postie saga - May be Monday!!!

Great card, love the black hearts, saw the punch today but resisted!!!!

xxxx

Jen said...

This is stunning! I love the MS punch with this image and colour combination.
Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

ARTfulWings said...

This has got to be my favourite card Kate - its gorgeous! Colouring is beautifully done. I too am waiting for WOJ city girl stamps - probably Monday now :O(
Mind you not been up to crafting today anywaY

See you soon Polly xx

MarkerGeek said...

Had to giggle at your postie tale! The number of times that's happened to me...

I ordered one of the new WoJ girls, mine arrived on Saturday so I daresay yours won't be far off now!

Gorgeous card, your colouring looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What a darling creation!! I love you precious image and your design is beautiful! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGS

Mummylade said...

This card is adorable! I'm glad you joined the SFTW challenge this fortnight and good luck!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous and so cute.
luv
Debby

Erin... said...

Adorable!!!! Love that sweet image and those cute hearts! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week!

Pauline C said...

Wow Kate this is stunning - gorgeous layout and the coloru scheme looks fab with the FF stamp. Thanks for joining in this week's Creative Card Crew Challenge and good luck!
Pauline x

Sandie said...

Gorgeous card!! What fantatic copic colouring.. and I just love those easel cards!!

Thanks for joining us on Stampin' for the Weekend and Stamp Something this week!

crafty amy said...

This is such a pretty card I love the colouring and the layout is brilliant :D
I hope the weather has got better where you are ( it hasn't here )
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Thanks so much for playing at Creative Card Crew! Just beautiful!

Janna :)

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10