Wednesday 18 November 2009

Whiff of Joy (Melinda Christmas Angel) and copics xmas card

Hi all

Half way through the week and I still feel quite relaxed, the rain did not this morning frizz my hair and although it tried, I did not get wet returning to my car. (Mental note should carry a brolly around with me, just in case)

Moving swiftly on so I don't bore you all, this is the last but one card for my order. I bought from the Hobby House a new stamp from the Whiff of Joy collection,
Melinda Christmas Angel.

She is lovely, a little difficult to colour in some areas but with patience it came together well. One more to go and then back to my challenges.

Here is the card; used some hammered green card as the base layer and topped with some lovely burgundy 12 x 12 not sure which now. Also the Martha Stewart snowflake punch and ribbon punch on another piece of burgundy card, and one of my favourites at the moment the lovely embossed holly paper. (Should really make a note of where I get the papers from and who they are by). Threaded the ribbon through the ribbon punch holes and added a ribbon made on my little wooden ribbon maker. Added a flourish from one of my nestie sets some pearls and a little flower in some co ordinating paper. The bell is one I got from Hobby House, Boys do sell them also, but the ones in Boys are slightly smaller.


The close up of the new justrite stamp cut out with a 1 11/16 mcgill punch (Hobby House) thanks Jill, which I used my glossy accents on and a nestie scallop circle to frame (thanks Polly for the idea). I edged the sentiment in a little gold.




The closeup of the copic colouring showing the liquid applique and the glitter wings. Not sure if I like the wings again, may mask off next time I use the stamp.



Well I am off to play as my new frameability arrived from the States today, and it is shouting me from the Beach Hut upstairs................ it is saying "hurray up". Hope I can use it some how on my next order card.

Take care of each other and stay well. Thanks for looking and leaving your comments.

Kate x


2 comments:

Paper Paradise said...

You know I don't do cute, BUT, I like this one. Hell I sound like Simon Cowell lol. Can't wait to see what you do withyour new frameability. I got a new cuttlebug die from Tracey today. She has been trying to get hold of it for me for ages. I was real chuffed when it arrived so can't wait to have a go with it. I'll keep you posted. x

sam21ski said...

Another great card Kate xxx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10