Sunday 22 November 2009

Magnolia meets copics thank you card

Hi everyone,

it did not take me long after finishing my last card for the order, to browse through the challenges and find some to enter.

I have had a pad of basic grey papers for a while now, not sure where I got them from, but felt I needed to break into the pad and start using some of the gorgeous papers. So after browsing decided to create this little beauty to fit just two challenges today.

Colour Create - Green, Red and White

Stamp Something - Thank you Something

Here is the card on a basic white card stock, with green card layered with the lovely rustic pinky, red paper and the blue swirls on top. Used the Martha Stewart Doily punch to make several layers of ruffles with the lace ruffle underneath in the white. I did this as the magnolia image used has a similar ruffle on the bottom of her dress. Thank you to Polly "Artfulwings" for allowing me to stamp some of her massive range of magnolia stamps. The sentiment is from "My Sentiments Exactly", the flowers from several sources and the blown heart in the flowers from an embelishment kit that I picked up about a year ago. It was a teddy bears belly button, but fits this better I think. The inner created in a similar style. With my usual small image on the rear of the front page.



Here is the close up of the flowers, loved doing these.



Here is the close up of the copic image.



Well must rush back to my little "Beach Hut" as just finishing a baby girl card (which unfortunately did not fit any, can you believe it, not one challenge. Never mind.

See you shortly

Take Care

Kate x

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kate, great flowers and you really have got to grips with the copics colouring technique

Hopefully no 'x's will follow this post - lol

Take care - Sam xxx

Flowers said...

These are by far the coolest ever! Love your samples. Your copic image looks awesome.

Di said...

Love this the doily punch looks so effctive and the flowers are fab and Tilda is coloured beautifully!
Thanks for joining COlour Create this week

Hugs Di x

Jenni said...

Really pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Jenni x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10