Tuesday 9 June 2009

My Son Mike's 21st Birthday Card


Well I am sure that from reading my blog you have gathered that my son Mike is into his fishing. So for some time now I have been purchasing fishing related items, not knowing what I was going to do. I started this one with the image, using my copics collection on several of my stamped images until I got the colours and shading just right. I had to ensure that it was a boy's colour (sorry Sam no Pink) hence the blue, felt a matt blue was too flat and tried a pearlescent but this did not work either and finally settle on this horographic blue card and used it to edge all my toppers. I hand cut all the pieces as I did not wish to have any uniform shapes. The font is called frosty and comes from a cd rom that I recently picked up with over 4,000 fonts types on it. The fish (sorry Sue) are stick on's. Placed onto the horgraphic card and carefully cut out. The 21st numbers and large star were in a pack I picked up at hobby craft and the little stars are from a punch that I think I picked up at the Hobby House. Felt the cream backing card was a little bland but searched for ages for a backing paper which would go and just did not find one. So I used my inkadinkadoo flourish and blue Tim Holtz distress ink and stamped my own, with a tip from the water colour class which was to use the second press as it looked more subtle and yes I liked it.

Well off to locate a saying for the inside so will be back soon, TFL xx
Kate

1 comment:

sam21ski said...

Fab card Kate, I'm sure he will love it especially as there's no pink in sight!!! xxxx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10